EO 271 s. 2020
Amending Executive Order No. 269 Series of 2020, entitled "Prohibiting Parties, Reunions, Social Gatherings, Caroling and Sporting Events due to surging Covid-19 Positives in San Carlos City, and implementing additional measures on Public Events and Gatherings, and Minimum Public Health Standards in Establishments"
Click to View
WHEREAS, Presidential Proclamations No. 922 and 929 were issued by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte declaring a state of Public Health Emergency and a State of Calamity throughout the Philippines due to COVID-19
WHEREAS, following such Presidential Proclamations, several community quarantine classifications were made and implemented pursuant to pertinent issuances of the National Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID), the latest of which placed San Carlos City under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ);
WHEREAS, the Hon. Eugenio Jose V. Lacson, Provincial Governor of Province of Negros Occidental by virtue of Executive Order No. 20-52 extended the MGCQ over the entire Province of Negros Occidental until December 31, 2020;
WHEREAS, Section (5) of the Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines (with Amendment as of November 19, 2020) allows the following, among others:
1. Indoor and outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of exercise such as but not limited to walking, jogging, running, biking, golf, swimming, tennis, badminton, equestrian, range shooting, and skateboarding are allowed. Provided, that the minimum public health standards such as the wearing of masks and the maintenance of social distancing protocols, and no sharing of equipment, where applicable, are observed.
2. Mass gatherings such as but not limited to, movie screenings, concerts, sporting events, and other entertainment activities, religious services, and work conferences shall be allowed provided that participants shall be limited to fifty percent (50%) of the seating or venue capacity.
3. Dine-in restaurants, fast foods and food retail establishments, including those in supermarkets, grocery stores, and food preparation establishments, at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of seating capacity.
WHEREAS, in order to be in accord with the foregoing guidelines, there is a need to amend Executive Order No. 269 which prohibits parties, reunions, social gatherings, caroling and sporting events due to surging COVID-19 positives in San Carlos City.
THEREFORE, I, RENATO Y. GUSTILO, City Mayor of this City, by the powers vested in me by Law, do hereby order the AMENDMENT of Executive Order No. 269 prohibiting parties, reunions, social gatherings, caroling and sporting events in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental and the IMPLEMENTATION OF ADDITIONAL MEASURES ON PUBLIC EVENTS AND GATHERINGS AND MINIMUM PUBLIC HEALTH STANDARDS IN ESTABLISHMENTS as follows:
1. While mass gatherings such as parties, reunions, social gatherings are allowed pursuant to the IATF Omnibus Rules, subject to compliance with the 50% venue and/or seating capacity, the holding of such events during the Christmas and New Year seasons is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED, due to the rapid surge of local transmission in the city, which can be generally attributed to such;
2. Visiting or house-to-house Christmas caroling shall not be allowed during the Christmas season.
3. Sporting Events either by an organized group or by individual are allowed provided that minimum public health standards such as the wearing of masks and the maintenance of social distancing protocols and no sharing of equipment, where applicable, are observed, and provided further, that such event is properly coordinated with the City thru the City Tourism Office and the City Health Office for the assessment and approval prior to the holding of the said event.
The wearing of face mask shall be strictly followed and may be removed only while playing or while actually being engaged in the sports activities, provided that, after each game or when resting and engaging in conversation with other people, the face mask should be worn.
4. Restaurants, fast-food chains, eateries, cafeterias, food courts/centers and other food establishments, including coffee shops, cafes and snack bars accepting dine-in customers shall strictly follow the minimum health protocols and shall ensure that face masks and face shields shall only be removed while eating and shall be worn immediately when done and while talking with each other. Such establishments shall provide/assign personnel who shall watch and ensure that this health protocol is followed by the customers.
5. Hotels, restaurants, and resorts that may be holding public events, gatherings, and parties during the Christmas and New Year season in their social halls, function rooms, cottages and other ancillary facilities thru advanced booking shall be given a Special Permit by the City Mayor only upon assessment and joint inspection by the City Tourism Office, Business Permits and Licensing Office and the City Health Office as to compliance with the prescribed minimum health protocols. Application for such permit shall be thru the City Administrator’s Office. Non-presentation of the required special permit upon spot inspection by the authorized team of the City during the event will result to its immediate cessation without the need of a written Order and without prejudice to legal sanctions that may be imposed by the City against the said establishment.
6. Christmas parties and gatherings within immediate members of the family and household members only, with observance of minimum health protocols, are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
All other executive issuances, rules and regulations or parts thereof which are contrary or inconsistent with this Executive Order are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately and shall remain in full force until revoked.
Done in the City of San Carlos, Negros Occidental, on this 9th day of December 2020.
RENATO Y. GUSTILO
(Attached) EO 271 s. 2020