CHRISTOPHER PAUL S. CARMONA
As provided for by Section 466 of RA 7160 shall:
1. Be the presiding officer of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and sign all warrants drawn on the city treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the Sangguniang Panlungsod;
2. Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoint all officials and employees of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided in this code;
3. Assume the office of the city mayor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided for in Section 44, Book I of this Code;
4. Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the city mayor in cases of temporary vacancy as provided for in Section 46, Book I of this Code; and
5. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.